[one-users] ONE_AUTH file encryption

David O'Callaghan david.ocallaghan at cs.tcd.ie
Wed Feb 17 08:44:37 PST 2010

Hi,

On 17/02/10 10:04, Jeroen Nijhof wrote:
> Just an idea but why not using the sha1 encrypted string in the ONE_AUTH
> file?
[...]
> I can supply a patch for implementing this but I need to know if it's a
> good idea...

I'm jumping into a conversation which I haven't been following closely,
so sorry if I'm missing something, but
http://codahale.com/how-to-safely-store-a-password/ explains why SHA1 et
al. are not suitable for storing password hashes.

However, if this is for compatibility with existing services, etc. then
I guess it's too late!

Kind regards,

David

--
Ánra Taighde - Scoil na hEolaíochta Ríomhaireachta ⁊ na Staitisticí,
 Coláiste na Tríonóide, Baile Átha Cliath 2