[one-users] Can´t start VMware ESX 3.5 with OpenNebula

Javi Gironda Diaz javigironda at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 9 07:55:12 PST 2010

Thank you for the response.

But the execution of $ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads/one_im_vmware don´t reports any problem, it's executed succesfull.

The content of $ONE_LOCATION/etc/oned.conf is:

#*******************************************************************************
#                       OpenNebula Configuration file
#*******************************************************************************

#*******************************************************************************
# Daemon configuration attributes
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  HOST_MONITORING_INTERVAL: Time in seconds between host monitorization
#
#  VM_POLLING_INTERVAL: Time in seconds between virtual machine monitorization
#
#  VM_DIR: Remote path to store the VM images, it should be shared between all
#  the cluster nodes to perform live migrations. This variable is the default
#  for all the hosts in the cluster.
#
#  PORT: Port where oned will listen for xmlrpc calls.
#
#  DEBUG_LEVEL: 0 = ERROR, 1 = WARNING, 2 = INFO, 3 = DEBUG
#*******************************************************************************

HOST_MONITORING_INTERVAL = 60

VM_POLLING_INTERVAL      = 60

VM_DIR=/home/one/nebula/var

PORT=2633

DEBUG_LEVEL=3

#*******************************************************************************
# Physical Networks configuration
#*******************************************************************************
#  NETWORK_SIZE: Here you can define the default size for the virtual networks
#
#  MAC_PREFIX: Default MAC prefix to be used to create the auto-generated MAC
#  addresses is defined here (this can be overrided by the Virtual Network
#  template)
#*******************************************************************************

NETWORK_SIZE = 254

MAC_PREFIX   = "00:03"

#*******************************************************************************
# Information Driver Configuration
#*******************************************************************************
# You can add more information managers with different configurations but make
# sure it has different names.
#
#   name      : name for this information manager
#
#   executable: path of the information driver executable, can be an
#               absolute path or relative to $ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads (or
#               /usr/lib/one/mads/ if OpenNebula was installed in /)
#
#   arguments : for the driver executable, usually a probe configuration file,
#               can be an absolute path or relative to $ONE_LOCATION/etc (or
#               /etc/one/ if OpenNebula was installed in /)
#*******************************************************************************

#IM_MAD = [
#    name       = "im_xen",
#    executable = "one_im_ssh",
#    arguments  = "im_xen/im_xen.conf" ]

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  VMWare Information Driver Manager sample configuration
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  IM_MAD = [
      name       = "im_vmware",
      executable = "one_im_vmware",
      arguments  = "--username root --password 123456"]

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  KVM Information Driver Manager sample configuration
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#IM_MAD = [
#      name       = "im_kvm",
#      executable = "one_im_ssh",
#      arguments  = "im_kvm/im_kvm.conf" ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  EC2 Information Driver Manager sample configuration
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#IM_MAD = [
#      name       = "im_ec2",
#      executable = "one_im_ec2",
#      arguments  = "im_ec2/im_ec2.conf" ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#*******************************************************************************
# Virtualization Driver Configuration
#*******************************************************************************
# You can add more virtualization managers with different configurations but
# make sure it has different names.
#
#   name      : name of the virtual machine manager driver
#
#   executable: path of the virtualization driver executable, can be an
#               absolute path or relative to $ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads (or
#               /usr/lib/one/mads/ if OpenNebula was installed in /)
#
#   arguments : for the driver executable
#
#   default   : default values and configuration parameters for the driver, can
#               be an absolute path or relative to $ONE_LOCATION/etc (or
#               /etc/one/ if OpenNebula was installed in /)
#
#   type      : driver type, supported drivers: xen, kvm, xml
#*******************************************************************************

#VM_MAD = [
#    name       = "vmm_xen",
#    executable = "one_vmm_xen",
#    default    = "vmm_xen/vmm_xen.conf",
#    type       = "xen" ]

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  KVM Virtualization Driver Manager sample configuration
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#VM_MAD = [
#    name       = "vmm_kvm",
#    executable = "one_vmm_kvm",
#    default    = "vmm_kvm/vmm_kvm.conf",
#    type       = "kvm" ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  VMWare Virtualization Driver Manager sample configuration
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   VM_MAD = [
      name       = "vmm_vmware",
      executable = "one_vmm_vmware",
      arguments  = "--username root --password 123456",
      type       = "xml" ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  EC2 Virtualization Driver Manager sample configuration
#    arguments: default values for the EC2 driver, can be an absolute path or
#               relative to $ONE_LOCATION/etc (or /etc/one/ if OpenNebula was
#               installed in /).
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#VM_MAD = [
#    name       = "vmm_ec2",
#    executable = "one_vmm_ec2",
#    arguments  = "vmm_ec2/vmm_ec2.conf",
#    type       = "xml" ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#*******************************************************************************
# Transfer Manager Driver Configuration
#*******************************************************************************
# You can add more transfer managers with different configurations but make
# sure it has different names.
#   name      : name for this transfer driver
#
#   executable: path of the transfer driver executable, can be an
#               absolute path or relative to $ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads (or
#               /usr/lib/one/mads/ if OpenNebula was installed in /)
#
#   arguments : for the driver executable, usually a commands configuration file
#               , can be an absolute path or relative to $ONE_LOCATION/etc (or
#               /etc/one/ if OpenNebula was installed in /)
#*******************************************************************************

#TM_MAD = [
#    name       = "tm_ssh",
#    executable = "one_tm",
#    arguments  = "tm_ssh/tm_ssh.conf" ]

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# NFS Transfer Manager Driver sample configuration
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TM_MAD = [
#    name       = "tm_nfs",
#    executable = "one_tm",
#    arguments  = "tm_nfs/tm_nfs.conf" ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  VMWare Transfer Driver Manager sample configuration
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TM_MAD = [
    name       = "tm_vmware",
    executable = "one_tm",
    arguments  = "tm_vmware/tm_vmware.conf" ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Dummy Transfer Manager Driver sample configuration
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#TM_MAD = [
#    name       = "tm_dummy",
#    executable = "one_tm",
#    arguments  = "tm_dummy/tm_dummy.conf" ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# LVM Transfer Manager Driver sample configuration
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#TM_MAD = [
#    name       = "tm_lvm",
#    executable = "one_tm",
#    arguments  = "tm_lvm/tm_lvm.conf" ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#*******************************************************************************
# Hook Manager Configuration
#*******************************************************************************
# The Driver (HM_MAD), used to execute the Hooks
#   executable: path of the hook driver executable, can be an
#               absolute path or relative to $ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads (or
#               /usr/lib/one/mads/ if OpenNebula was installed in /)
#
#   arguments : for the driver executable, can be an absolute path or relative
#               to $ONE_LOCATION/etc (or /etc/one/ if OpenNebula was installed
#               in /)
#
# Virtual Machine Hooks (VM_HOOK) defined by:
#   name      : for the hook, useful to track the hook (OPTIONAL)
#   on        : when the hook should be executed,
#               - CREATE, when the VM is created (onevm create)
#               - RUNNING, after the VM is successfully booted
#               - SHUTDOWN, after the VM is shutdown
#               - STOP, after the VM is stopped (including VM image transfers)
#               - DONE, after the VM is deleted or shutdown
#   command   : use absolute path here
#   arguments : for the hook. You can access to VM template variables with $
#               - $ATTR, the value of an attribute e.g. $NAME or $VMID
#               - $ATTR[VAR], the value of a vector e.g. $NIC[MAC]
#               - $ATTR[VAR, COND], same of previous but COND select between
#                 multiple ATTRs e.g. $NIC[MAC, NETWORK="Public"]
#   remote    : values,
#               - YES, The hook is executed in the host where the VM was
#                 allocated
#               - NO, The hook is executed in the OpenNebula server (default)
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HM_MAD = [
    executable = "one_hm" ]

#-------------------------------- Hook Examples --------------------------------
#VM_HOOK = [
#    name      = "dhcp",
#    on        = "create",
#    command   = "/bin/echo",
#    arguments = "$NAME > /tmp/test.$VMID" ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#VM_HOOK = [
#    name      = "ebtables",
#    on        = "running",
#    command   = "/usr/local/one/bin/set_net",
#    arguments = '$NIC[MAC, Network = "Private"]',
#    remote    = "yes" ]
#VM_HOOK = [
#    name      = "mail",
#    on        = "running",
#    command   = "/usr/local/one/bin/send_mail",
#    arguments = "$VMID $NAME",
#    remote    = "no" ]

I can´t find the problem.

Thanks.