[one-users] Did the VCPU parameter work on openNebula 1.4?

Rodrigue Chakode Rodrigue.Chakode at imag.fr
Mon Feb 15 08:26:53 PST 2010

Hi all,
I have an issue with openNebula 1.4. Indeed, I have a configured vm
template with the VCPU parameter set, see bellow. However, when the vm
is started cat /proc/cpuinfo shows only one processor.

Could any one can help me?

Regards,
Rodrigue C.

oneadmin at host-8:~$ cat  xenvm.tpl
#---------------------------------------
# VM definition
#---------------------------------------

#NAME = one-$VMID

CPU	= 2
VCPU	= 2
MEMORY	= 1024

# --- kernel & boot device ---

OS = [
  kernel	= "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18.8-xenU",
  initrd	= "/boot/initrd-2.6.18.8-xenU.img",
  root		= "xvda2" ]

# --- 2 disks ---

DISK = [
  type		= swap,
  size		= 1024,
  target	= "xvda1",
  readonly	= "no" ]

DISK = [
  source	= "/opt/cloud/images/domains/xengenericvm/disk.img",
  target	= "xvda2",
  readonly	= "no" ]

# --- 2 NIC ---

#NIC	= [NETWORK="Public Net"]
NIC	= [NETWORK="Private Net"]

/proc/cpuinfo content

one-9:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 23
model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5420  @ 2.50GHz
stepping	: 6
cpu MHz		: 2500.088
cache size	: 6144 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 1
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 1
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 10
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 apic sep cmov pat clflush acpi mmx fxsr
sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm constant_tsc up pni cx16 lahf_lm
bogomips	: 5002.05
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 38 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: