[one-users] Windows* contextualization scripts?

saint at eng.it saint at eng.it
Mon Dec 27 09:20:01 PST 2010

SP> Configuring the network on one given windows version is, I'd bet,
SP> as easy as it is to do on debian. So now you have two
SP> scripts... What about other distros, windows versions... OS X ?

Not this difficult to solve. Mac OS X  is a BSD Unix, you have to find
where  to hook  your script.

Linux  distributions use  a  handful of  packeting  system and  system
configuration script  since most  of them take  them from  an original
distribution (for the later I count slacky, suse, rh and Debian).

SP> My point being, if you're building a cloud that aims to support
SP> arbitrary OS images (maybe made by users), or a large combination
SP> of OS versions and distributions, then DHCP is probably the only
SP> sane solution.

It  depends on  users needs.  Are you  sure that  DHCP can  easily and
sanely support several  virtual networks where hosts must  act as they
have a fixed IP ?

--
ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
Ricercatore / Reasearcher
GianUberto.Lauri at eng.it

Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)

Tel. +39-049.8283.538         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
Fax  +39-049.8283.569		  |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
Skype: gian.uberto.lauri	  |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs
http://www.eng.it 			  |          ioccc best One Liner, 1987