[one-users] 802.1q tagging

John Dewey john at dewey.ws
Mon Dec 20 22:46:36 PST 2010

Thank you all for the information.  I was having difficulties figuring out
how to handle vlan tagging.
I realized the "dom0" must have a tagged interface connected to a seperate
bridge (as Rangababu described).

Since OpenNebula allows you to specify the bridge in the vnet definition it
all just works properly (given
the bridge is setup on all of the onehosts).

Our guest OSes have a pool of addresses from many disperse /24s.  Using vlan
tagging, allows us to use the
same IP address anywhere in the datacenter (no need to map which /24 must
come up on a specific "dom0").
Also, useful when migrating VMs as well.

John