[one-users] Unable to ping and ssh to VMs

Daniel.MOLDOVAN at cs.utcluj.ro Daniel.MOLDOVAN at cs.utcluj.ro
Fri Dec 17 01:20:56 PST 2010

Contextualization  must be used in order to be able to assign the desired
IP to the virtual machine. The contextualization script reads the MAC of
the VM(opennebula assigns the MAC you have specified) and based on the MAC
fields it assigns an IP. The contextualization script must be places
inside your virtual machine.

Look at http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.2:cong and
http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:vmg

Considering you have no IP assigned( an IP should be assigned
automatically to the VM ), i assume you might have a problem with the
bridge you are connecting the VM network interface to.

Regards,
Daniel

P.S. sometimes the VM needs a reboot after deployment in order to get the
correct IP