[one-users] vmware server as hypervisor

Manish Sapariya manish at gslab.com
Thu Dec 16 23:57:16 PST 2010

Hi Antoni,
We are using VMWare Server 2.0 with OpenNebula 1.4,
though not in production environment, but to manage
our test infrastructure and running our tests using
multiple VMs.

As you can see from the mailing list, we ran into
several issues and also had to modify code to fix
some issues. However after those fixes we have been
able to use it without further problems since last
3/4 months.

We haven't yet tried ON 2.0 though, which may have
all those fixes and I presume better support for VMWare.

I think I am not able to answer the question with precision,
but if you have any specific question about our usage
of OpenNebula and fixes, I would be glad to answer.

Thanks and Regards,
-Manish

On 12/16/2010 5:25 PM, antoni artigues wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to install opennebula with wmware server 2.0
>
> I have seen in the Mailing list that this combination gives many
> problems.
>
> Also I see that is not tested from
> OpenNebula:http://lists.opennebula.org/htdig.cgi/users-opennebula.org/2009-August/000727.html
>
> Is anyone using vmware server and OpenNebula with no problems in a
> production environment?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Antoni Artigues

Thanks and Regards,