[one-users] Cannot connect to VM

Christophe Hamerling - Petals Link christophe.hamerling at petalslink.com
Wed Dec 15 01:59:18 PST 2010

What I understand is that the init.sh script provided in
http://dev.opennebula.org/attachments/download/170/ttylinux.tar.gz is just
useful in context based VM and is not used in my case.
Where can I look to the VM configuration file once it is started? Is iy
exploded somewhere so I can have a look to files?

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Gian Uberto Lauri <saint at eng.it> wrote:

> [My apologies for breaking the threading informations]
>
>  "CH" == Christophe Hamerling <- Petals Link
>>>>>>

> CH> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:29 PM, <Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au>
>
> CH> wrote:
>
>> I think your problem is that the ttylinux VM does not configure its
>>> network card.
>>>

> I agree with this opinion. If  the ttyLinux TCP/IP stack does not know
> what is the  IP to use, it  can not recognize inbound  packets as such
> and will discard them.
>
> CH> I was really hoping that the VM provided there
> CH> http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:vmg works. So I
> CH> think (and hope) that I have a configuration issue or I do not
> CH> understand this part.
>
> What appens is that, for what I understood:
>
> The contextualization  infos(*) are automatically inserted  in a shell
> script contained  in small  iso9660 image  that the  ttyLinux instance
> mounts.
>
> (*) you do not need a "context" section in your vm definition, network
> values come from the network you defined.
>
> This script contains some variable  definition, one of which holds the
> IP address  leased to the  vm; a script  in ttyLinux will  source this
> file and create the redhattish sysconfig/network-script file that will
> be used when the /etc/init.d/network start command is issued by init -
> throught the symbolic link in one of the rc(runlevel).d.
>
> --
> ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
> Ricercatore / Reasearcher
> Divisione Ricerca ed Innovazione / Research & Innovation Division
> GianUberto.Lauri at eng.it
>
> Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
> Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)
>
> Tel. +39-049.8283.538         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
> Fax  +39-049.8283.569         |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
> Skype: gian.uberto.lauri      |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs
> http://www.eng.it             |          ioccc best One Liner, 1987

Christophe Hamerling
R&D Engineer & Project Leader
Petals Link - SOA open-source company