[one-users] Announcing scp-tsunami

sebastien goasguen runseb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 07:53:59 PST 2010

Dear ONE users,

After contributing scp-wave to the ONE ecosystem, we are pleased to
announce scp-tsunami available at:
http://code.google.com/p/scp-tsunami/

scp-tsunami is an improvement to scp-wave which splits the file/images
in chunks and transfers multiple chunks between your hosts.
The result is a x2 perfomance improvement compared to scp-wave which
was a straigtforward binary tree. According to our tests this compares
favorablty to a Bittorent setup.

The intent is to have a simple script to pre-stage VM image to a large
set of nodes and do it as efficiently as possible. tsunami ressembles
the bittorent protocol but does not necessitate to have you setup a
bittorent network between your hosts. This was developed by an
undergraduate student at Clemson University.

Hope you will find it useful,

-sebastien

--
---