[one-users] Cannot install scripts on the cluster nodes with OpenNebula 2.0.1

Philippe Berthault Philippe.Berthault at Bull.net
Fri Dec 10 04:30:15 PST 2010

I've installed OpenNebula 2.0.1 from sources in a dedicated directory on
my system.

The command "onehost list" reports errors on all my cluster nodes. The
problem comes from the remote scripts which aren't copied on the cluster
nodes.

In the oned.log, I saw that OpenNebula wants to copy scripts from the
directory "${ONE_LOCATION}/var/remotes/" but this directory doesn't
exists on OpenNebula 2.0.1.

The directory "remotes" is placed in "${ONE_LOCATION}/lib/", not in
"${ONE_LOCATION}/var/".

I've replaced the line
     REMOTES_LOCATION=ONE_LOCATION+"/var/remotes/"
by
     REMOTES_LOCATION=ONE_LOCATION+"/lib/remotes/"

in the one_im_ssh.rb and CommandManager.rb scripts, and after this,
onehost list & show commands are OK !