[one-users] OpenNebula vs OpenStack

Ignacio M. Llorente llorente at dacya.ucm.es
Wed Dec 1 03:30:05 PST 2010

Dear Christophe,

We prepared a post [1] with a description of our position as
open-source project when OpenStack was announced in July. From a more
technical point of view, OpenNebula is a mature technology (we started
the development five years ago and did our first release almost three
years ago) that is used to manage very large scale clouds by some of
the world's leading telecom operators, hosting providers and compute
centers of leading research institutions. In our web site [2] we
provide details about the features for private, public and hybrid
cloud management, integration and production environments. We invite
you to compare these features with those provided by OpenStack and
evaluate which technology fits your requirements.

Regards

[1] http://blog.opennebula.org/?p=683
[2] http://www.opennebula.org/_media/documentation:opennebula_2.0_features_rev20101026.pdf