[one-users] Setting IP in VM - runlevel2?

Harder, Stefan stefan.harder at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Aug 31 05:20:52 PDT 2010

Hi Javier,

I tried adding the script to /etc/rcS.d but the same here. The script is
executed and the correct addresses are written in /etc/network/interfaces
but however eth0 is not started with these parameters but with the ones from
the old /etc/network/interfaces before the script rewrites it. My workaround
for now is to call the script as mentioned in your documentation in runlevel
2 and additionally add the line

/etc/init.d/networking restart

to the /etc/rc.local file. Then the interface is running with the right
configuration after booting up.

Best regards,

Stefan