[one-users] how to do an action with OCCI and curl

Daniel Molina Aranda danmolin at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Aug 26 09:30:10 PDT 2010

Hi,

If you want to do an action on a compute using curl, you have to use the
following command:
$ curl -u oneuser:sha1_pass http://localhost:4567/compute/id -X PUT -d
"<COMPUTE><STATE>resume</STATE></COMPUTE>"

Where the state can be,

   - stopped
   - suspended
   - resume
   - cancel
   - shutdown
   - done

that defines the target state.

Regards.

On 11 August 2010 16:42, marwen marwen <marwen.ensi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using OCCI with opennebula. I can create, delete, show and list all
> the virtual machine but I can't update a VM.
> can you help me to know how to do an action (suspend, restart,stop..) to
> the virtual machine when using curl with OCCI
>
> Best Regards
> Marwen

Daniel Molina, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org