[one-users] CPU values for KVM in 2.0beta1

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 03:28:13 PDT 2010

Hello,

All cpu values are percents (number of cpus*100) except for CPU value
in VM templates. 800 total CPU value means that it has 8 CPUs.

VCPU value is supported in KVM. I you want a 2 cpu VM you will have to
specify this in the template:

--8<------
CPU=2
VCPU=2
------>8--

Bye

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Slava Yanson <slava at killerbeaver.net> wrote:
> Hi there! How is CPU calculated for KVM in 2.0 beta1? VM servers are Xeon
> X3440 and it shows "800" as total CPU. When I create a VM with "5" set as a
> CPU value - it creates it with some insanely large number for CPU
> allocation. Any chance to see support for VCPU any time soon?
> Slava Yanson, CTO
> Killer Beaver, LLC
>
> w: www.killerbeaver.net
> c: (323) 963-4787
> aim/yahoo/skype: urbansoot
>
> Follow us on Facebook: http://fb.killerbeaver.net/
> Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/thekillerbeaver

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher