[one-users] using real disk partitions for storage?

Dan Yocum yocum at fnal.gov
Fri Aug 13 09:32:47 PDT 2010

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for the tip.

I realized late yesterday that allocating and formatting a disk
partition requires root permissions, which the oneadmin user doesn't
possess.  It might be worthwhile to re-think the level of permissions
and the write access available to certain block devices.  Maybe put
oneadmin in the 'disk' group and grant write access on certain
partitions on the worker nodes...

Anyway, since this is a one-off installation, I just used virt-manager
to create the VM.

Thanks,
Dan

On 08/13/2010 05:59 AM, Jaime Melis wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> You can look inside the tm_mkimage.sh and modify it accordingly to your
> needs. For example, you could comment out the line (for nfs driver):
>
>   41 exec_and_log "mkfs -t $FSTYPE -F $DST_PATH"
>
> regards,
> Jaime
>

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Dan Yocum <yocum at fnal.gov
> <mailto:yocum at fnal.gov>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I've got a special use case where we'd like to use an entire disk
>     partition, i.e., /dev/sdc, for storage space.  Is there a way to
>     create an appropriate template with contextualization to tell
>     Opennebula to NOT create a file and format it, but format a disk
>     partition?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Dan
>
>     --
>     Dan Yocum
>     Fermilab  630.840.6509
>     yocum at fnal.gov <mailto:yocum at fnal.gov>, http://fermigrid.fnal.gov
>     "I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things."

Dan Yocum
Fermilab  630.840.6509
yocum at fnal.gov, http://fermigrid.fnal.gov