[one-users] Why is the OpenNebula 1.4 binary package for Ubuntu in system-wide mode?

Jeff Williams jeffw at wherethebitsroam.com
Thu Aug 12 04:22:39 PDT 2010

I would guess because the ubuntu packaging standards have rules about where everything should be put. This way, someone familiar with Ubuntu will know where to find things and bin files will be in their path etc.

The 2.0 beta ubuntu package is in the self-contained mode and I would have much preferred the system wide!

Jeff