[one-users] A couple of questions

Jeff Williams jeffw at wherethebitsroam.com
Wed Aug 11 08:31:54 PDT 2010

On 05/08/2010, at 7:31 PM, Tino Vazquez wrote:

>> 2) I'm not familiar with the Xen Cloud Platform, but if you can install
>> libvirt on it, it should work.  Maybe somebody who knows more can clarify
>> this.
>
> XCP goes beyond the hypervisor and effectively offers much more
> (storage, network, etc). We have evaluated its integration, while that
> doesn't happen using libvirt on top of XCP is a nice choice to manage
> it from OpenNebula. We haven't tried it though, and would be delighted
> to receive some feedback on this.

Well, I finally got around to trying this out. I added the host using:

/onehost create xcp im_xen vmm_xen tm_ssh

But one doesn't seem to get any information from the host:

oneadmin at opennebula:~$ onehost show xcp
HOST 2 INFORMATION
ID                    : 2
NAME                  : xcp
CLUSTER               : default
STATE                 : MONITORED
IM_MAD                : im_xen
VM_MAD                : vmm_xen
TM_MAD                : tm_ssh

HOST SHARES
MAX MEM               : 0
USED MEM (REAL)       : 0
USED MEM (ALLOCATED)  : 0
MAX CPU               : 0
USED CPU (REAL)       : 0
USED CPU (ALLOCATED)  : 0
RUNNING VMS           : 0

MONITORING INFORMATION
ARCH=i686
HOSTNAME=server-bsehsenk
MODELNAME=Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            3040  @ 1.86GHz

Should I be using another driver? I assumed the xen one would be the right one, however I see in the xen notes that it requires /etc/init.d/xend and uses xm, both of which XCP doesn't appear to have.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Jeff