[one-users] how I can restore the VM that goes into Unknown state

Siva Prasad myknowinmail at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 22:31:24 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I am new to this group and also a new user of openNebula. I have the
following problem.

I have a few VMs on different machines. Hypervisors went down (as the
machines were shut down).
Now the status of the VMimages on the corresponding Hypervisors are
'Unknown'.
I had to delete them and then deploy a new VM.

Is there better way of handling this situation without being redployed.

Pls give me some suggestions. Does recent Open Nebula beta version handles
this situation?

Thanks,
Siva