[one-users] Modify VNET

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 12:01:20 PDT 2010

Hi there,

I wonder if there is any way to modify an existing VNET.

The reason I ask this is that I want to take some IP address off the
existing VNET. I would do this by modifying the old vnet definition file and
create it again with the same name.
However, although the VNET name and ID remains the same, all existing
allocations of IP addresses to running VMs are flushed out.
This causes problems since new VMs could now use IPs that are still in use
by existing VMs.

I wonder if it is possible to modify the VNET directly. Had I have the
access to the database directly, I could probably do it directly. But this
seems very risky (I probably need to stop OpenNebula first to avoid
locking). Is there any other ways, such as via an API? If not, do you think
removing the record from the vn_template table enough?

Thank you very much.

--
Shi Jin, Ph.D.