[one-users] Storage and Service management

Rangababu Chakravarthula rbabu at hexagrid.com
Fri Apr 30 14:08:21 PDT 2010

Florian,
My 2 cents.
I think these are two separate things. Building a storage solution and
having VM's accessing the shared storage.
You can probably use contextualization and at the time when VM comes up, you
can mount the storage on to the VM.
ZFS definitely gives redundancy, snapshots, deduplication etc.

On a different note, you can also have shared storage directly mounted to
the compute nodes and have the VM disk files reside on shared storage.
You can still apply ZFS at the VM disk file level .

Ranga