[one-users] Problem with https://cloud.opennebula.org

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:41:59 PDT 2010

Hello,

Unfortunately actual EC2 interface is not as robust and complete as it
should be desired. We plan to have a better implementation in the
future.

The colleague that manages this told me that you only have an account
in devel.opennebula.org, that is a dummy installation, that is, the
VMs started are not really running, are simulated with special
hypervisor drivers. Unfortunately at this very moment we are using all
our machines and we don't have enough resources to start real VMs in
cloud.opennebula.org. If you need assistance to configure EC2 layer in
your machines we will try to help you.

Sorry for all the troubles

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Artem Harutyunyan
<Artem.Harutyunyan at cern.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I do econe-describe-instances or econe-describe-images I get
>
> hartem at pcphsft38:/opt/one/bin$ env ONE_LOCATION=/opt/one
> ./econe-describe-images --access-key=cernvm --secret-key=****
> --url=https://cloud.opennebula.org
> econe-describe-images: undefined method `elements' for nil:NilClass
> hartem at pcphsft38:/opt/one/bin$
>
> Is that OK (the output does not change if I supply the wrong password)?
>
> Also, could you please tell me what kind of image can I upload to the cloud
> (VMware, KVM, or Xen), and is there a limit on image size?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Cheers,
> Artem.

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher