[one-users] question about creating VMs

Jaime Melis j.melis at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Apr 15 03:38:30 PDT 2010

Hi Eddie,

Does this mean the KVM (I intall this virtualizer) has to create an
> image "vm1.qcow2" beforehand and this image is stored at
> /var/lib/one/images/?

Yes, that image has to exist beforehand.

> Another question:
> In vm.template, MEMORY is defined. But when using KVM to create VMs,
> memory is also defined. any conflict?

If you're talking about the KVM configuration file, the memory directive
will be the default value, used if it's not specified in the vm template.

> One more question:
> In oned.conf, we need to define VM_DIR, and in vm.template, we need to
> define Disk source. What are they?
>

>From the documentation:
*VM_DIR* : Remote path to store the VM images, it should be shared between
all the cluster nodes to perform live migrations. This path will be used for
all the cluster nodes.
whereas the Disk source is the image location in the server node.

regards,

Jaime