[one-users] The CPU template variable doesn't seem to work ...

florian chazal florianchazal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 05:59:30 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I don't if I guess well but I did some test of CPU varaible and I obtain
this result :

- CPU = 25%, VCPU = 1 (default value) :  VM has 1 CPU and can use 100\% of
it,
- CPU = 100%, VCPU = 1 : VM has 1 CPU and can use 100% of it,
- CPU = 200%, VCPU = 1 : VM has 1 CPU  and can use 100% of it,
- CPU = 100%, VCPU = 2 : VM has 2 CPUs and can use 100% of them, that is to
say 200\%,
- CPU = 200%, VCPU = 2 : VM has 2 CPUs and can use 100% of them, that is to
say 200\%.

Therefore I conclued that the manager is ont using the variable or is not
able to limit the CPU comsuption of one vm on a single processor.
Am I right? Is it a bug?
Thanks in advance .

ps :  I did this test with a c script with an infinite loop launch on the vm
and I check the result on the node with a htop command.
--
Florian Chazal