[one-users] VM Creation Error on ESXi

manju a manju.kudu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 03:42:38 PDT 2010

Hi Experts,

I have added ESX, ESXI hypervisor as a nodecntrl.  Whenever I tried to
create a VM, I am getting below error, i can see from VIC it will try to
register the the machine, once its done below error will popup.

Error 1

“00:03:0a:c5:e9 is not an allowed static Ethernet address. Invalid Machine
Specified. Failed to Configure Ethernet0

I can confirm I have added ethernet0.checkMACAddress = "FALSE" in the
“.vmx” template

 Above error is common on ESXI (Free) and ESX  (which has foundation Lic)

Error 2

I added another ESXI server (Free 3.5U4 version)

When I am trying to create a vm, it got failed, from the log
file(vmm_vmware.log) I can see below message.

[15.04.2010 22:32:29] INIT SUCCESS

[15.04.2010 23:21:44] DEPLOY FAILURE 27 Failed deploying VM in host
esxiserver <http://in01sbg2-esxi.internal.synopsys.com>

[15.04.2010 23:21:44] Failed deploying VM 27 into esxiserver.Reason: null

---- Debug stack trace ----

AxisFault

 faultCode: ServerFaultCode

 faultSubcode:

 faultString: fault.RestrictedVersion.summary

 faultActor:

 faultNode:

 faultDetail:

        {urn:vim2}SecurityErrorFault:null

fault.RestrictedVersion.summary

Method)

        at

        at

Any hint or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Manjunath A