[one-users] Reg VM template

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 02:25:17 PDT 2009

Hello,

In xen driver CPU is used to provide xen credit scheduler with a value
for fair share. It is not using cap feature but the credits. That
means that if two machines are using the cpu 100%, one host has 0.25
CPU and other 0.50 the one with 0.50 will be double of time in the cpu
than the other.

It can be easily changed to use cap instead for fair share credits.

Bye

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Rajendar K <k.rajendar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Ruben,
>
>         I am new to opennebula. VM template has a provision with tag "CPU",
> by specifying a value
> in this field, whether we can resist CPU utilization for vm?, especially
> for XEN?.
>          And one more thing, whether the option of "cpu_cap" of xen is being
> used in opennebula ?
>
> with regards,
> Rajendar.K
> --
> Raj,
> Research Associate,
> MIT.

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher