[one-users] ebtables not taking effect

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 09:32:11 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have to take a deeper look into it. In our tests we successfully
isolated networks but maybe my testing procedure was not good enough.
Right now we are in the middle of cluster relocation/installation so
it will be difficult for me to test in next few days but I'll try to
test it as soon as possible.

If you come up with a solution for network isolation please make us
know about it.

Bye

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Shi Jin <jinzishuai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, there,
>
> I've got the ebtables-kvm script running now. But it does  not seem to
> really taking effect.
> I could actually change the MAC address inside the VM (for a windows
> XP VM) and still get network working.
> The provided script is supposed to prevent the users from changing the
> MAC, right? So I do change it, the expected behavior would be no
> networking for that VM, right?
> I can see the ebtables by running ebtables -L.
> Has anyone had similar problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Shi Jin, Ph.D.

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher