[one-users] im_vmware error

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:00:38 PDT 2009

Wow, you got it right away.
node2 is the hostname without the domain name. Its full name is
node2.intranet.vrstorm.com.
I can ping node2 directly since I have DNS search for the domain name.
Apparently this is the trick here, I have to use the Full name.
Once I do that, it is working:
oneadmin at esx-one var $ onehost show 1
HOST 1 INFORMATION
ID                    : 1
NAME                  : node2.intranet.vrstorm.com
STATE                 : MONITORED
IM_MAD                : im_vmware
VM_MAD                : vmm_vmware
TM_MAD                : tm_vmware

HOST SHARES
MAX MEM               : 33542360
USED MEM (REAL)       : 798308
USED MEM (ALLOCATED)  : 0
MAX CPU               : 800
USED CPU (REAL)       : 0
USED CPU (ALLOCATED)  : 0
RUNNING VMS           : 0

MONITORING INFORMATION
CPUSPEED=2925
FREECPU=100
FREEMEMORY=32744052
HYPERVISOR=vmware
MODELNAME=PowerEdge R710
NETRX=0
NETTX=0
TOTALCPU=800
TOTALMEMORY=33542360
USEDCPU=0
USEDMEMORY=798308

So I have to use the FQDN in the onehost command? Not even the IP
address I guess. Am I right?

Thanks a lot.
Shi

--