[one-users] How opennebula allocate ip to vm

Jass Zhao jass.zhao at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:34:08 PDT 2009

With that information you can populate your dhcp configuration file with all
the possible MACs that will be generated since you already know the range of
IPs that you have defined in your OpenNebula vnet definition file.

Gnep>>> Understood. But that requires pre-configure the dhcp server.

Nevertheless, there are other methods that also work for the VM to get
automatically configured with its assigned IP. For example you could follow
the instructions described in the following article:
http://opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:cong

Gnep>>> Does this work for windows guest and any HVM guest?