[one-users] Issues when i integrate opennebula with vmware server

marimuthu.balasubramanian at wipro.com marimuthu.balasubramanian at wipro.com
Thu Sep 3 04:39:33 PDT 2009

Hi Tino,
  Thanks for timely help. Sorry I didn't notice the following error message "Wrong action in MAD response"

Find the one_vmm_vmware execution details below

root at wipro-frontend:/opt/nebula1.4# ./lib/mads/one_vmm_vmware --username root --password wipro123
java -cp /opt/nebula1.4/lib/mads:.:/usr/local/apache-axis/axis-1_4/lib/axis.jar:/usr/local/apache-axis/axis-1_4/lib/axis-ant.jar:/usr/local/apache-axis/axis-1_4/lib/commons-discovery-0.2.jar:/usr/local/apache-axis/axis-1_4/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:/usr/local/apache-axis/axis-1_4/lib/jaxrpc.jar:/usr/local/apache-axis/axis-1_4/lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar:/usr/local/apache-axis/axis-1_4/lib/saaj.jar:/usr/local/apache-axis/axis-1_4/lib/wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar:/usr/local/jdk1.5.0_17/lib/tools.jar:/usr/local/vi-sdk-2.5.0/SDK/samples/Axis/java/vim.jar:/usr/local/vi-sdk-2.5.0/SDK/samples/Axis/java/vim25.jar:/usr/local/vi-sdk-2.5.0/SDK/samples/Axis/java/apputils.jar:/usr/local/vi-sdk-2.5.0/SDK/samples/Axis/java/samples.jar:/usr/local/vi-sdk-2.5.0/SDK/samples/Axis/java/lib/activation.jar:/usr/local/vi-sdk-2.5.0/SDK/samples/Axis/java/lib/mailapi.jar:/usr/local/vi-sdk-2.5.0/SDK/samples/Axis/java/lib/wbem.jar: -Ddatastore=datastore1 -Ddatacenter=ha-datacenter -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/opt/vmware-node-certs/vmware-node.keystore -Donelocation=/opt/nebula1.4 -Ddebug=1 -Xmx1024M OneVmmVmware --username root --password wipro123  2>> /opt/nebula1.4/var/vmm_vmware.log
INIT
 OneVmmVmware >>>>> str ....INIT
 OneVmmVmware >>>>>>>> str_split 1
INIT SUCCESS

The init success then why still it gives  "Wrong action in MAD response"

Regards
Marimuthu

-----Original Message-----
From: tinova79 at gmail.com [mailto:tinova79 at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Tino Vazquez
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 3:46 PM
To: Marimuthu Balasubramanian (WT01 - Innovation Group)
Cc: rubensm at dacya.ucm.es; users at lists.opennebula.org
Subject: Re: [one-users] Issues when i integrate opennebula with vmware server

Dear marimuthu,

Can you execute the vmm driver by hand? It seems not to be loading properly

-------8<---
Thu Sep  3 11:50:50 2009 [VMM][I]: 	Loading driver: vmm_vmware (XML)
Thu Sep  3 11:50:50 2009 [MAD][E]: Wrong action in MAD response
--->8-------

you can do that by executing

$ONE_LOCATION/bin/one_vmm_vmware

and see if there are any errors.

About the scheduler not placing the VM, make sure that the host is correctly monitored (please send through the output of "onehost list") and that the VM requirements can be satisfy with the host capacity (send us the template and we can look that out for you).

Best regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 10:45 AM, <marimuthu.balasubramanian at wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi Tino,
>  I have checked oned.log there is no much information. Find the attachment for oned.log I have copied some specific content alone. I am not getting any error. Find the oned.conf.
>
>   I started debuging onevm submit and onevm deploy commands for vmware esxi server.
> I am looking at the following files
> VirtualMachineManager.cc, MadManager.cc files
>

> I have following two issues.
> Issue1: When I fire onevm submit the vm status always in pending state. Actualy OpenNebula core should deploy and start a VM automatically. Give me tips to debug c++ code.
>
> Issue2:I have waited more then 5 minutes once I fired onevm submit. The vm state is pending. So I fired onevm deploy for the same VM then opennebula invokes tm_clone.sh but it does not invoke respective driver files.
>
> The error mentioned oned.log.
> Please give your inputs to debug.
>
> Regards
> Marimuthu

>>> HYPERVISOR=vmware,TOTALMEMORY=1048576,TOTALCPU=100,MODELNAME="System
>>> Product
>>> Name",CPUSPEED=2660,USEDCPU=0,FREECPU=100,USEDMEMORY=448790,FREEMEMO
>>> R

www.wipro.com