[one-users] CPU=2 has no effect

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 14:22:04 PDT 2009

Thank you.

Now I understand the difference between CPU and vCPU.
However, could you please clarify one question: when I set CPU=0.5 and vCPU=2. Do I have two cores from the VM's perspective and each of the core is 50% of a physical core or the total CPU cycle power is 50% of a single core?

Also what does the LCM in LCM_STATE stand for?

Finally, the CPU column in the onevm list means the percentage of CPU used by the VM, right? I get all 0s in open nebula 1.3.8 running the KVM hypervisor. Which script do I check to see if there is any problem there?
I noticed that in http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:intro, the CPU output is 0 as well.

Thank you very much.
--
Shi Jin, PhD