[one-users] more question about the ebtables hook

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 10:28:10 PDT 2009

Hi there,

The ebtables hook looks very interesting to me. I am wondering if it
is possible to use it to accomplish more sophisticated security
measurements such as
* preventing users from changing the IP address of the virtual machine
* additional firewall to open some specific ports like what EC2 is offering
* preventing users to run a dhcp server to mess up the network etc

If anyone has done similar things or want to work together on them, I
would be happy to collaborate.

Cheers,
Shi

--