[one-users] OpenNeubla with ESXi 3.5 vs 4.0

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 16:17:31 PDT 2009

Hi there,

As promised, this is a report back.
I just did a test on Open Nebula working with ESXi servers. One
question is that whether it works with ESXi 4.0 since the current code
is written for version 3.5.
My experience shows that currently Open Nebula works with ESXi 3.5,
although not perfectly.
However, it does not yet work with the ESXi 4.0 servers. The VI-SDK
has changed from 2.5 to 4.0 so there may be a need to rewrite some of
the Java codes.
Also, I will be happy to contribute more to this project.  I might be
able to help port it to ESXi 4.0 since we definitely want some of the
features in the newer version.
Thanks.

--
Shi Jin, Ph.D.