[one-users] Old doubts and new

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Mon Oct 26 08:12:24 PDT 2009

Hi,

The easiest way to get a new virtualization driver ready is to modify
an exisiting one, probably Xen or KVM.

As you will see you have to implement generic operations from
OpenNebula (like boot, shutdown or migrate) using the hypervisor
interface.

Probably the mos difficult one is the boot command, because you have
to translate the neutral description of OpenNebula to the hypervisor
specifics. You should use the XML format for this. This would generate
a deployment file with the template in simple XML. Check the Amazon
EC2 or the Elastic Hosts drivers for an example of this.

Cheers and good luck!

Ruben

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Udayan Kapaley <udayanv2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I mailed yesterday regarding a doubt that i had
> Please help me on that.The mail is attached.
> If there's some problem with doing that i would like to know that.Anything
> will help.
> Apart from that what i would like to know what exactly are the contents of
> the local_deployment_file
> Hoping for a reply
> Thanks

 Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero