[one-users] Centos 5.4 installation difficulty: expat-devel needed for install xmlparser gem

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 03:31:34 PDT 2009

Hello,

Thanks for telling us about the expat problem in centos.

g++ is one of the requisites in the "planning installation" guide. It
says that you need g++ compiler in your installation but the name of
the package differs for each distribution.

Bye

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Crawford Comeaux
<crawford.comeaux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Following docs to install ONE 1.4 on fresh Centos 5.2 install updated to
> 5.4, I ran into an issue trying to install the xmlparser ruby gem. I needed
> to install expat-devel to correct the issue. Also, I've found that I
> generally have to install the gcc-c++ package to build ONE. Anyone else have
> this issue?

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher