[one-users] network configuration

Jaime Melis j.melis at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Oct 21 08:24:51 PDT 2009

Hi Liu,

I don't fully understand what the problem is. Why can't you edit
/etc/network/interfaces?

You shouldn't create a bridge in the frontend at all (at least not for
opennebula), the bridge should be created in the nodes. Keep in mind that
even with a bridge your host/node will not lose its IP.

For instance, in the following setup eth0 is the physical interface and
beth0 is a bridge:

# The primary network interface
auto beth0
iface beth0 inet static
        address 192.168.5.10
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.5.0
        broadcast 192.168.5.255
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_maxwait 5

As you can see it's configured to bridge the physical interface eth0, so
that VMs can be attached to it by using beth0. Read this document for more
info: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM/Networking .

Regards,

Jaime