[one-users] user management

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Oct 21 06:42:56 PDT 2009

Hi Shi Jin,

Storing the password in a hash in the one_auth file wouldn't help a
lot since if the file is stolen it can be used in the very same way.
This file protection is based on unix file permissions. This file for
the 'oned' process is just needed the first time it runs because it
sets the 'oneadmin' password, but after the first run it can be
erased.

About having the access key hashed in the EC2 service, it is not in
our short term roadmap. What it is, though, is documentation
explaining how to set up the EC2 service using SSL, so the
communication were the secret and access key are passed will be
encrypted.

Hope this helps,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova