[one-users] Help: Log files show an error:undefined method

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 03:58:57 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have been testing the version of ruby you have installed (1.8.5) and
in fact it has problems to run OpenNebula. Do you have any possibility
to install ruby 1.8.6 or 1.8.7? I also have noticed that centos comes
with 1.8.6 in case you want to give a try.

Bye

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Bauer, Gerhard (NSN - DE/Munich)
<gerhard.bauer at nsn.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using OpenNebula 1.4 Beta release on RHEL5.4 (ruby version 1.8.5).
> Hypervisor: kvm
> Connection: over ssh
>
> The following logfiles contains this error message:
>
> im_kvm.log
> one_hm.log
> one_vmm_kvm.log
> tm_ssh.log
>
> Error message (from tm_ssh.log):
>
> /usr/local/one/lib/ruby/OpenNebulaDriver.rb:75:in 'start_driver': undefined
> method 'kill!' for #<Thread:0x2af1cca84920 dead> <NoMethodError> from
> /usr/local/lib/mads/one_tm.rb:85
>
> --> XMLUtils.rb …. to_xml: uninitialized constant REXML:: Formatters
> (NameError)
>
> I got this message also with the last source code (check out today)?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Gerhard

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher