[one-users] NFS layout for untrusted VMs

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Wed Oct 14 10:14:06 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm sure someone has done this before, but Google doesn't lead me
anywhere and rather than reinvent the wheel I thought I'd ask here.

I have a bunch of ON 1.4/KVM compute nodes booting diskless off an
OpenSolaris NFS server.  Several of my VMs are not trusted, however,
and I don't want them to be able to mount the disk images for other
virtual machines.  As they're all in one directory, I can't use NFS
privileges.

How are people restricting disk image access by VM?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org
http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/