[one-users] onevm create and deploy

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 08:12:25 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I have a similar question to an earlier post:
http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2009-June/000484.html

I understand that "onevm create" will automatically deploy the VM to
the host chosen by the scheduler and "onevm deploy" will simply deploy
the VM to the specified host. However, for "onevm deploy" to work, we
need to first submit a VM without deploying it. I couldn't find a
proper  command to do this. There used to be a "onevm submit" command
but it was simply the same as "onevm create".  So I am wondering what
is the real use of the "deploy " command.

Thanks a lot.

--
Shi Jin, Ph.D.