[one-users] ftools.rb required in get_xmlrpc_config but no longer in ruby

Will Smart will.smart at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Nov 15 20:09:40 PST 2009

Hi,
I'm just setting up a small test ONE cluster on machines running CentOS

All has gone to plan, until (while setting up the headnode):

> # scons
> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
> share/scons/get_xmlrpc_config:22:in `require': no such file to load --
> ftools (LoadError)
>         from share/scons/get_xmlrpc_config:22:in `<main>'
> Error searching for xmlrpc-c libraries. Please check this things:
>  * You have installed development libraries for xmlrpc-c. One way to check
>    this is calling xmlrpc-c-config that is provided with the development
>    package.
>  * Check that the version of xmlrpc-c is at least 1.06. You can do this
> also
>    calling:
>    $ xmlrpc-c-config --version
>  * If all this requirements are already met please send log files located
> in
>    .xmlrpc_test to the mailing list.

I have tracked down the problem to the fact that ftools.rb is no longer in
the last stable ruby release (1.9.1) which I installed this afternoon
It is 'require'd at line 22 of [ONEPATH]/share/scons/get_xmlrpc_config, and
the require fails.

As to fixing it: Is there a patch or somesuch I should apply, or should I
downgrade ruby? (or am I missing something?)
It seems that the File ruby class does what ftools used to

Thanks heaps for any help you can provide

Will Smart
Skype willrsmart = +6498890135

-- "The world belongs to young punks and old geeks"