[one-users] libvirt connector problems (no hypervisor driver available for one:///)

Matthias Blaser mb-list at adfinis.ch
Thu Nov 12 03:11:55 PST 2009

Hi,

I've troubles connecting to the OpenNebula daemon with libvirt interface and
I'm not sure what the problem might be here... it raises following error:

oneadmin at HOST:~$ virsh -c one:///
Connecting to uri: one:///
error: no hypervisor driver available for one:///
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

oneadmin at HOST:~$ virsh -c one+ssh://oneadmin@HOST/
Connecting to uri: one+ssh://oneadmin@HOST/
error: no hypervisor driver available for one:///
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

The only thing mentioned in any of the logfiles in the system about this is the
following from libvirtd:
libvirtd: 00:52:27.385: error : virLibConnError:399 : no hypervisor driver
available for one:///

I'm running ONE 1.4 beta2, libvirt version on the frontend is 0.7.0 (which
should have the ONE driver included...?) on ubuntu 9.10, though the backend
servers are using an older libvirt version - but as far as I understood, it's
not necessary for the backend nodes to have the one driver included in
libvirt?

Thanks and cheers,
Matthias