[one-users] migration saves disk image in endless loop

Gordon Wells gordon.wells at gmail.com
Thu May 14 00:36:03 PDT 2009

Hi

That is indeed the cause, the machines were added by onehost with ssh and
not nfs by someone before me. I deleted and re-added them with nfs, now
normal migration works.

Can I forcibly delete the entries from "onevm list" for the hosts that
failed to migrate? I get the following error:
Error: Wrong state to perform action

Regards
Gordon
--

Gordon Wells
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Unit

A poet once said "The whole universe is in a glass of wine." We will
probably never know in what sense he meant that, for poets do not write to
be understood. But it is true that if we look at a glass closely enough we
see the entire universe. There are the things of physics: the twisting
liquid which evaporates depending on the wind and weather, the reflections
in the glass, and our imaginations adds the atoms. The glass is a
distillation of the Earth's rocks, and in its composition we see the secret
of the universe's age, and the evolution of the stars. What strange array of
chemicals are there in the wine? How did they come to be? There are the
ferments, the enzymes, the substrates, and the products. There in wine is
found the great generalization: all life is fermentation. Nobody can
discover the chemistry of wine without discovering, as did Louis Pasteur,
the cause of much disease. How vivid is the claret, pressing its existence
into the consciousness that watches it! If our small minds, for some
convenience, divide this glass of wine, this universe, into parts — physics,
biology, geology, astronomy, psychology, and so on — remember that Nature
does not know it! So let us put it all back together, not forgetting
ultimately what it is for. Let it give us one more final pleasure: drink it
and forget it all!

-- Richard Feynman