[one-users] Project: OpenNebula Management Console

Borja Sotomayor borjasotomayor at gmail.com
Mon May 11 22:49:16 PDT 2009

Hi Shirish,

> I am an undergraduate student of Indian institute of information technology
> - Allahabad. I am very much interested to contribute to opensource world and
> openNebula, from the FOSS project listings in teachingopensouce, appealed to
> my interests. I want to contribute to it. Could some one please guide me
> through the beginners steps to get on  with project. Any link to any
> resource URL would be helpful.

A good starting point would to get OpenNebula installed on a machine
or ideally a few machines (if you use just one machine, you'll only be
able to manage VMs on that machine, but it will still give you a feel
for how OpenNebula works). You can find installation guides here:

http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation

If you use Ubuntu, you can also install OpenNebula pretty easily as
described here:

http://blog.dsa-research.org/?p=130

Cheers!
--Borja