[one-users] vmcontext script for RPM based distro

Gavin netmatters at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 05:13:25 PDT 2009

2009/3/18 Miguel J. - Templeir <mjcampos at citic.es>:
> Hello Gavin
>
> I have the script modified for Centos and run correctly, but I've a problem
> when Centos Boot. I wrote about it in userlist:
>

>  http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2009-March/000317.html
>
> I can send you the script if you give me your mail. I would know, how do you
> configure ubuntu to boot VM correctly without restarting network interface
> with the vmcontext script?

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your reply but I managed to get the vmcontext Centos
example script from a previous email to this list.

It did not work for me as my cluster nodes have 2 interfaces and so do my VM's.

Centos/Fedora require IP settings in two separate files as opposed to
Ubuntu/Debian's single file so I had to modify the script to suit
these conditions.

It still works perfectly if you use only one interface, but now it
also supports two.

I have had no problems with VM's booting correctly with this script on
either Ubuntu or on Centos.

The nic's just come up as they should, the important thing to note is
the order that that script is executed at boot time.

It MUST be executed after the file systems are mounted and before the
networking scripts, so your /etc/rcS.d/ looks like this:-

<snip>
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   21 2009-03-13 11:35 S37udev-finish ->
../init.d/udev-finish
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   19 2009-03-14 12:11 S39vmcontext ->
../init.d/vmcontext
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   20 2009-03-13 11:35 S40networking ->
../init.d/networking
</snip>

Please let me know if you would like me to email you a copy of my script??

Ruben, shall I upload my script to trac as well ??

Thanks,
Gavin