[one-users] Ethernet VLAN configuration

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Mar 18 04:44:40 PDT 2009

Hello,

Deployment files used to start VM's are generated inside ONE Core. To
do that change I think it is better to change the deployment file
generation. If you are using Xen here is the place where to add the
VLAN_ID:

http://dev.opennebula.org/repositories/entry/opennebula/branches/one-1.2/src/vmm/XenDriver.cc#L280

In Network Definition files you can add that VLAN_ID variable and it
will be added to the database.

I don't know if it is a valid option but perhaps you can use the vnet
id as the vlan number so you don't have to get that extra information
from the vnet definition.

Anyway, that feature seems logical to me, tell us how your
developments go.

Bye