[one-users] Need Information to get VM IP Address

pappu.porselvi at wipro.com pappu.porselvi at wipro.com
Wed Mar 11 21:44:42 PDT 2009

Hi,

We are using OpenNebula 1.2 and we are using DCHP Server. We are using the following templates for creating the vm and vnet :

vm100
=======
NAME   = node1vm
CPU      = 0.5
MEMORY   = 128
OS=[kernel=/boot/vmlinuz-xen,initrd=/boot/initrd-xen,root=sda2,kernel_cmd="ro"]
DISK     = [source="/opt/templates/100-img/disk.img",target="sda2", BOOT="true", readonly="no"]
NIC=[NETWORK="Private-100"]
GRAPHICS = [
  type    = "vnc",
  listen  = "127.0.0.1",
  port    = "9999"]
HOSTNAME  = 10.101.102.50

vnet100
======

NAME="Private-100"
TYPE=RANGED
BRIDGE=eth0
HOSTNAME=10.101.102.50
NETWORK_SIZE=254
NETWORK_ADDRESS=10.101.102.0

Everything is working fine and it creates the vm and it shows the leases as below :

root at wipro-laptop:/opt/nebula <mailto:root at wipro-laptop:/opt/nebula> # onevnet show 0
NID               : 0
UID               : 0
Network Name      : Private-100
Type              : Ranged
Bridge            : eth0
....: Template :....
        BRIDGE=eth0
        HOSTNAME=10.101.102.50
        NAME=Private-100
        NETWORK_ADDRESS=10.101.102.0
        NETWORK_SIZE=254
        TYPE=RANGED
....: Leases :....
IP = 10.101.102.1   MAC = 00:16:0a:65:66:01  USED = 1 VID = 0

Here I am able to see the vm IP as 10.101.102.1 and I am not able to do ssh for that vm IP(10.101.102.1). Then using vm console I got the guest VM IP as 10.101.102.68, but why I am getting the Ip as 10.101.102.1 instead of  10.101.102.68?

And also I followed the Network Guide of OpenNebula for using vmcontext.sh. I have placed the vmcontext.sh in the image file(disk.img) even though I am gettting the IP address as 10.101.102.1 in onevnet show command.

how can I debug from open nebula script to get the remote guestVM IP Address?

what mistake am I doing ? Can you please give me clear idea abt using this vmcontext.sh and to get the VM IP using this script.

Regards,
selvi

www.wipro.com