[one-users] Oracke VM (as cloud node) - host information are not properly inserted

marimuthu.balasubramanian at wipro.com marimuthu.balasubramanian at wipro.com
Mon Mar 9 04:05:36 PDT 2009

Hi,

  We are using Oracle VM as cloud node. we have done following steps
we have successfully set the password less SSH from front machine to cloud node
we have executed onehost command as follows.
onehost create <ip> im_xen vmm_xen tm_ssh
we are getting arch,host name & model name informations but we are unable to get the memory info and cpu info

please find the onehost show command below

HID      = 1
HOSTNAME = 10.101.102.113
IM MAD   = im_xen
VMM MAD  = vmm_xen
TM MAD   = tm_ssh
MANAGED  = 1
ATTRIBUTES

	ARCH=i686
	HOSTNAME=d-154910.wipro.com
	MODELNAME=Mobile AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
HOST SHARES
	HID          = 1
	ENDPOINT     =
	MAX_CPU      = 0
	MAX_MEMORY   = 0
	MAX_DISK     = 0
	CPU_USAGE    = 0
	MEMORY_USAGE = 0
	DISK_USAGE   = 0
	RUNNING_VMS  = 0

The host_attributes tables contains following records for the Oracle VM host.

1|ARCH|0|i686
1|HOSTNAME|0|d-154910.wipro.com
1|MODELNAME|0|Mobile AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+

I went host Oracle VM host machine and executed the scripts under /tmp/ne_im_scripts/. it is working fine. find the manual execution results below for the ruby script.
the host machine contains following ruby version --- ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-linux]

[root at d-154910 ne_im_scripts]# ./ne_im-5c403641cf6491ea9093adae9ec4a2fe
TOTALCPU=100
CPUSPEED=1999
TOTALMEMORY=982016
FREEMEMORY=417792