[one-users] ssh-agent

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Mon Jun 22 13:27:42 PDT 2009

Hi

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 4:30 PM, sebastien goasguen <runseb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two/three questions regarding the ssh keys setup for the
> oneadmin account.
>
> Has anyone tried to setup the oneadmin account with a ssh passphrase
> and use a ssh-agent to manage it ?
Yes you can use it without any problem

> This would work only for the current session but not survive reboot,
> wouldn't it ?
Yes, although there are methods to start a new agent each time you
login. However
the best option is to keep the agent alive, because you may need to
restart oned so it gets the correct env. variables if you start a new
ssh-agent...

> Also could the ssh connections be configured to use a non default
> location for the private key ? basically pass -i /path/to/key as ssh
> option ?

There is no such option for the underlying driver system. However as
this is mainly done in the ruby library and not in the core, you can
easily add additional arguments by modifying:

$ONE_LOCATION/lib/ruby/one_ssh.rb, check Line 82

Cheers

Ruben

> Thanks,
>
> -sebastien