[one-users] Incorrect monitoring stats?

Gordon Wells gordon.wells at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:41:41 PDT 2009

Hi

I seem to be getting the wrong info from "onehost list"

TMEM = 4062208 and FMEM = 392192

Yet /proc/meminfo says:

MemTotal:      3593216 kB
MemFree:       3037364 kB
Buffers:         33088 kB
Cached:         288536 kB
SwapCached:          0 kB
Active:          73624 kB
Inactive:       279620 kB
HighTotal:           0 kB
HighFree:            0 kB
LowTotal:      3593216 kB
LowFree:       3037364 kB
SwapTotal:     2031608 kB
SwapFree:      2031608 kB
Dirty:             724 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
AnonPages:       31596 kB
Mapped:           8424 kB
Slab:            28020 kB
PageTables:       4208 kB
NFS_Unstable:        0 kB
Bounce:              0 kB
CommitLimit:   3828216 kB
Committed_AS:   225328 kB
VmallocTotal: 34359738367 kB
VmallocUsed:      2020 kB
VmallocChunk: 34359735827 kB

As far as I can there is more than enough memory to run vms (1Gb
requested). These incorrect values seem to be preventing ON from doing
proper load balancing (or running the vms at all).

Regards
Gordon
--

Gordon Wells
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Unit

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are
the easiest person to fool. So you have to be very careful about that.
After you've not fooled yourself, it's easy not to fool other
scientists. You just have to be honest in a conventional way after
that.

-- Richard Feynman