[one-users] Problem in booting VM

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Fri Jul 24 08:37:12 PDT 2009

Ruben S. Montero
 to Denis

show details Jun 16

	Follow up message
Yes, but you need to modify the following line, in src/vmm/XenDriver.cc

       // TODO: "file" method to specify disk images in xen is deprecated.
       // The new method is using "tap:aio:" instead of "file:"
       file << "    "
            << "'tap:aio:" << vm->get_remote_dir() << "/disk." << i << ","
            << target << ","
            << mode
            << "'," << endl;

Just change tap:aio: for file: recompile and copy the new oned
executable (in src/nebula) to $ONE_LOCATION/bin. You do not need to
touch the DB or config files

Cheers

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 4:56 PM, cmasmas cmasmas<cmasmas10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Or else, is it possible that OpenNebula uses "file" instead of "tap:aio"?
>
> 2009/7/23 cmasmas cmasmas <cmasmas10 at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hi Sander,
>>
>> Thanks for your answer. That must be the problem: file works, but tap:aio
>> doesn't. I tried what you did, but still the same problem.
>> Any other suggestions?

 Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
 Associate Professor
 Distributed System Architecture Group (http://dsa-research.org)